Energy and Resources
Price Sierakowski Corporate acts for Australian and international companies, many of them publicly listed, involved in resource exploration, development and production. We have an experienced and commercially focused team of lawyers with transaction experience in the mining, energy and oil and gas sectors. Our experience extends to projects located in Australia, South East Asia, Europe, North and South America and Africa. We provide our clients with a broad range of advice on issues arising from all aspects of resource exploration, development and production such as:
- tenure, land access and native title;
- preparation and negotiation of transaction documents including acquisition and sale agreements, joint venture agreements and farm-in agreements;
- financing facilities;
- sales and off-take agreements; and
- construction and service and consumable supply contracts.
- conducting Warden’s Court proceedings for disputes and proceedings in relation to the Mining Act and Mining Regulations.
Related recent Transactions
Energy & Resources
- Acted for a large proprietary company in successfully securing land access rights over private land for mining operations.
- Acted for an ASX listed resource company in resisting applications for competing tenements made over its exploration licences by a large competitor.
- Acted for various ASX listed resource companies in applications to Warden’s Court, including in relation to extensions of time, expenditure exemptions, forfeiture of tenements and access disputes.
- Structured and prepared documents to enable an ASX listed company to divest its Australian iron ore assets into a new ASX listed company via in specie distribution of shares.
- Acted in relation to a reverse merger of an ASX listed entity and unlisted public company, which acquired gold interests in Mongolia.
- Advised ASX listed and unlisted resource companies on their resource offtake agreements.
- Advised on structure and documentation to effect phosphate farm in and joint venture on behalf of ASX listed company in Tanzania.
- Advised on the acquisition of significant Russian potash and coal projects.
- Assisted in the initial public offering of client with petroleum assets in Myanmar, Queensland, PNG and Thailand.
- Negotiated, conducted due diligence, drafted acquisition documents and a prospectus for an initial public offering of assets in Brazil, Peru and Chile.
- Negotiated, drafted and provided ongoing advice on farm in and joint venture arrangements in WA, Queensland, NSW, South Australia and the Northern Territory in relation to nickel, gold, iron ore and uranium projects;
- Provided advice and prepared documentation for the disposal of petroleum assets in PNG, New Zealand and Queensland on behalf of ASX listed entity.
- Structured, negotiated and prepared documentation for the reverse merger and ASX listing of, amongst others, molybdenum assets and gas projects in Indonesia and coal assets in Victoria and NSW.